Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Graduation 2010









We graduated seven young people this year.  Three girls and four guys. Three Americans, two Koreans, one Beninese and one Chadian/American. One whose parents work in Cote d'Ivoire, one from Ghana, one from Benin, three from Niger and one from Timbuktou, Mali.  Four from our dorm, one from a hostel home and two who lived with their own parents.  They are going to Canada, Sweden and the United States for further studies.  They are only 17 and 18 years old but they have already experienced more than most people their age.  They have lived through many transitions and have many more to come.  Please pray for these precious young people as they leave the comfort of the known for the unknown.
 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hi! I've been reading your blog for a while and I really enjoy it, especially since we have been following your blog since your arrival in Niger. I am always interested in what you write seeing as we spent a year at Sahel (10 years ago now!!).
I have started a new weekly post called Friday Focus. Basically I write on Fridays a brief post about something the Lord has been teaching me that week. I've made it a blog hop with the linky tool and am inviting other Christian bloggers to join in if they want to. I have a banner on the post which you are free to use if you wanted to. Of course ignore this if you want, just thought I'd let you know. : )