Sunday, January 22, 2006

Humble pie anyone?

We are down to one vehicle now, if you can call it a vehicle. I know I am supposed to be content in all situations. And I really am thankful for Tim’s little S-10 truck. It reminds me of our honeymoon except we have this humungous car seat in between us. I was inwardly complaining this morning while Tim was scraping the frost off the windows that I can’t quite close the door all the way from the inside. “Don’t worry, dear,” Tim said as he got back in the truck, “you won’t fall out!”
Then just when you think you have been humbled enough, God shows you how you can still grow in this area. Paul, one of our supporters at church, a retired gentleman, told us we could have his vehicle and he would ride his bike to work!! Talk about being humble, Okay, Lord. I get it. Thank you for the truck! Don’t worry I didn’t take Paul’s car!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janice,
I'm glad you didn't fall out.Sure hope the truck hangs on 'til you're ready to go to Quebec.
And I'm glad you didn't take the car. That would be too much of a responsibility.
Hang in there kid. Maybe a different vehicle is just around the corner.
LYM,
Mom

Jenn said...

I agree with mom :)
I love being able to read little updates like this though.
Did you figure out the picture thing?
LYM
jenn

saheldormparents said...

Mom, thanks for reading my blog! it is fun, The truck really is fine, just a little squishy!

saheldormparents said...

Jenn,
I'm still trying to figure out the photo thing, You'll know when I do figure it out!