Friday, January 20, 2006

On the deputation trail

Just a quick update. I was involved in a car accident on Monday, January 9th. We are thanking God for your prayers. The Lord protected me. I wasn't hurt and Mikaylah was at home with Tim at the time for which we are very thankful. However the car was towed away. We didn't know if it was fixable or not. We were hoping that it would be fixable because we figured it was worth more to us than the money to "replace" it.
We are also thankful for friends. Sharon came and picked me up and took me to the insurance office to file the paperwork. The only glitch appeared to be that the young man who was at fault did not have any insurance of his own. The insurance company called Tim and told him nothing would be done to fix our car until it could be proven that the other party didn't have insurance. They told us that it would take weeks before anything could be settled.
Sharon and her husband Drew graciously offered to loan us their car for this weekend so we can go visit a church. Yesterday Tim got the news from the insurance company that the claims adjuster said it would cost over $14 thousand (yes, I said thousand, not hundred) to fix the car, so it would be totalled. We were disappointed at first. Then we were told that we would be receiving three thousand dollars for the car! And they were going to waive the deductable since it we weren't at fault! Praise the Lord!
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, ... plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
I just got a phone call today, Friday January 13th, that the insurance company has a check for us and we just have to go pick it up! Thank you for praying for us. We have two more churches to visit in January, two in February one in March and one in May. Pray for Tim as he makes phone calls. Pray that more of the pastors he contacts would be generous and invite us to share our ministry with their congregations.
On a different note please also pray for the paperwork for my Canadian passport. It was submitted in October and was denied in December, so we just resubmitted another application a couple of weeks ago. Pray that all that paperwork would go through smoothly this time. My dad's uncle just passed away but we can't go to the funeral because without my passport US Customs won't let me back into the US! So, please pray that we will get it back in a timely manner.
We are praising the Lord for his protection and provision for us. Please continue to pray for us.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I agree with Joe, this looks rather interesting. I can't wait to read more. I'm sure it will be fascinating to hear all about life in Niger. I'm glad you got it figured out, even though I forgot to email you.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I'm so proud of you!
Way to go!
LYM

Jim said...

Hi! Your mom, Janice, sent us the link - we look forward to hearing more! How exciting. :)

Check out the other Missionary blogs I've found here.

Anonymous said...

I'm rejoicing with you on the Lord's provision, guys. Will you please add us to your e-mail prayer letter list? I'd like to receive these first hand rather than through Jerry at work. Thanks.
With love, Cathy Paxson
glpaxson@sbcglobal.net