Thursday, February 21, 2008

Prayers for Jayson

Just a quick note to ask you to pray for Jayson. His baby finger on his left hand was caught in the hinge of the door and was almost cut off right where his finger nail is. We spent four hours in the emergency from 8-midnight. We are taking him to the Indiana hand center in Indianapolis Thursday morning at 8 am for surgery since his bone was exposed. The ex-rays showed that his bone was not broken, but he will probably lose the entire nail, they will try to save the finger tip in the surgery. I have no idea how long it will take. He was scheduled to get his yellow fever shot tomorrow. We have to postpone that for now. He just woke up at 4am screaming and I gave him some more Tylenol but I couldn't nurse him because he must be prepped for surgery, so he was angry about that too. He is finally asleep now (4:50) and we will probably have to wake him and Mikaylah up tomorrow morning for our trip to Indy. Please pray.
12 hours later...
Thank you for your prayers for Jayson. We just got back to Kokomo from the Indiana hand center in Indianapolis. He went into surgery at 9:57 and the surgeon was all done at 10:20. He lost the nail, but the surgeon is confident that the finger-tip will recover. She put in two very tiny sutures in the nail bed itself which was crushed and three more sutures in his very tiny pinky. They allowed both Tim and I to be in the operating room with him. He was under conscious sedation as it is safer than general anesthetic, so he could breath on his own, he was just loopy! Even though he will not remember the surgery it was comforting for him to have familiar faces in an unfamiliar place. John Rogers from EBM came over and kept Mikaylah company in the very kid friendly waiting room so both Tim and I could be with Jayson. He ate some grapes and drank some water so they discharged us at about 11am. He fell asleep in the car and is still asleep now (1:15pm). Actually both kids fell asleep on the way home! He has a humoungous bandage on his little finger that is supposed to stay on for ten days! We also discovered he had an ear infection so we got antibiotics for that too! Poor kid! Thank you for your prayers, and please continue to pray that he recovers well from the trauma.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be assured of our prayers for our dear little Jayson.
He is such a pet! We love him dearly and trust his wee finger will heal quickly without any problems.